Thursday, October 17, 2013

Gigi's Birth Story


Hello beauties,

Finding out I was pregnant was the most amazing, exciting and scary feeling I ever experienced ! I was so happy to know I was pregnant but so worried and scared at the same time.
Not sure why I felt so emotional, everything made me feel like crying.. but then all just felt like it was meant to be.

I have to say I had an easy pregnancy. No morning sickness! yes I was one of the lucky ones to eat and eat and didn't feel like running to the bathroom.
I gained a total of 30 lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight was 115 lbs, my weight gained was not consistent one month I gained 5 pounds and another not even half a pound! Gained most of my weight my first trimester.
Being this my first baby everything was new and scary, thinking about the delivery got me stressed out and nervous! I just kept thinking .. 9 months to get prepared, I can do it!

Pregnancy was smooth.. all the tests came back OK and so far no complications with it. So I was happy.
I did everything I could to change my diet and eating habits (not that I had bad habits).  I wanted to treat my body the best way possible to give my baby the best nutrition.
I tried to eat organic as much as I could although it could get pricey! I ate lots of veggies and fruits.. I also added quinoa to my diet. Quinoa is a grain packed with vitamins and protein.
The ultimate goal was to have a healthy baby!

9 months came and went at my 39 week appointment I was 2 cm and 60% effaced.. I was excited to know that my body was working it's magic and that my baby will soon be with me, although I had not felt any contractions, I was hoping soon my body would work on it.

My due date July 12th came and nothing happened.. I felt disappointed but I knew that lots of women never have their babies on their due date and prayed that on the following days I would start having contractions and avoid an induction.

I went to the hospital 4 days later as I felt some discharge, I was not sure if my water broke so I called my doctor and was advised to go to labor and delivery.

Once at the hospital the nurse confirmed that I had a "rapture" and that they will have to break my water and stay at the hospital. Once they broke my water I got an IV and they gave my Pitocin to start the contractions. Everything happened so fast.. I was about to be induced!

Pitocin worked pretty quickly.. I started to feel the contractions and the pain was getting worse and worse. I was able to get my epidural at 3 cm and it felt amazing! From that point on no pain. I was able to sleep and relax.

I was pretty scare to get the epidural, I read so many horror stories about it.. but to be honest all I felt was a pinch and then i could feel the medicine going down my legs.. It felt like warm water running to my veins.. the rest is history.

I was in labor for a total of 22 hours.. I started pushing at 10:00 PM and had my baby the next morning at 6:15 am.
I pushed for hours but the doctor found out that my baby's head was facing up making a vaginal delivery difficult.. who knew, after hours of pushing I ended up having a c-section.. I kinda knew that was going to happen.

They nurse took me to the OR and I had my baby via c-section. I was very scared.. that was something that I feared all through my pregnancy.. "what if I end up having a c-section?".. Oh well it happened.. If you are feeling fear and stressed because of it.. don't be.. you can plan all you want.. but at the end god is the one that will have the last word.. just enjoy the ride and try to remember every single thing that happens in that room..the drugs make you sleepy and you will not remember a lot of stuff.. I'm still trying to remember what happened on those 22 hours in the hospital! :)

Once I heard the doctor say "here is the big boy" 8lb 7 oz and 19 1/2 inch long baby boy.. I broke down to tears.. "this is it" I said.. the moment I have been waiting for .. I will soon meet the person that has been living in me.. the little person I felt kick and move for 9 months is finally here.. words can't described the feeling of hearing the first cry...All I heard was my husband saying " Hun he is beautiful"! Then the nurse put the baby on my chest for a little bit.. I touch his face and said "wow.. I'm a mom now!!!!

having a baby is miracle, I feel that god blessed me with such gift. A lot of women these days are dealing with miscarriages and not being able to conceive is another problem.. I'm truly blessed to have a healthy baby boy.

Below are some pictures of me pregnant.

Like I said before, enjoy the ride -sometimes bumpy but the destination will make everything so worthy.

My next post will be my before and after pictures and what helped me go back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Hope this post helped some of you that are about to give birth, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.





xoxo

Gigi





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS